Among the many mottoes I have created over my lifetime, one stands out as being rather snarky: Nothing beats abject terror as a motivator.
I have come to realize that abject terror as a motivator is pretty limiting. A serious health issue such as a mild heart attack or the discovery of a spot on one’s lungs is often enough to scare people into striving to eliminate bad habits out of fear of dying too soon. (more…)
In case you missed or forgot them, the first two steps in getting back in control of your business and your life can be summed up as follows:
- Brain Dump – write a list of absolutely every big (and little) thing that needs to be done in your business and personal life. Don’t try to organize anything, just write.
- Two-Part Priority Assessment System – assess every item on that long list according to 2 metrics:
-Its importance – on a scale of 1, 2, and 3
-How willing you are to do it – on a scale of A, B, and C
The downside most business owners face is not being able to take a break. When working with a business owner, these are the questions I frequently ask:
- How confident are you about leaving your business for a few days, a week, a month?
- Do you end up glued to your computer or smart phone when you take a family vacation?
- What would it be like if your business could literally run without you?
Do you sometimes catch yourself wondering if you are messing up the usage of me, myself or I and not using these words correctly?
Or do you sometimes hear someone else using one of those words; and somehow their usage doesn’t sound right to you, but you’re not sure who is right, you or that person?
Not to worry! The Grammar Nerd is here to rescue you from the Problem of Pronoun Puzzlement; so that you can use pronouns correctly and confidently in both your writing and speaking, and come across as the educated and authoritative person you really are. (more…)
I’ve learned how essential it is to allow the feelings of discomfort to arise when I don’t know what’s next for me. (more…)
As a society, we have been taught to spend every penny we make, so it is not surprising to learn that over 50% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck. For many of us, these habits are destroying our chances of having any sort of financial freedom and financial peace.
This is a dangerous trap, and it’s time to get out!
The key to achieving financial freedom is simple – PAY YOURSELF FIRST! (more…)